PrayerMate is a free app to help you be consistent in praying for yourself, for your loved ones, and for God’s world.
PrayerMate just received a massive new update, so here’s a brief summary of the eleven new features which we hope you will enjoy.
- Sync — you can now sign in to PrayerMate to securely sync your data to the cloud.
- Secure feeds — organisations can now create secure feeds where they get to approve exactly who can access their updates.
- New home screen — we’ve completely redesigned the home screen to make it much clearer. You can also now jump to a specific item in your prayer session by tapping.
- List icon gallery — if you want to assign one of the built-in icons to one of your lists, you can now do this through the “List settings” page.
- Font size setting — iOS users finally have the option to change the font size of their prayer cards.
- Video feeds — feeds can now incorporate video content, such as the Speak Life feed.
- Related content galleries — churches will soon be able to set up a gallery of related content that will be offered to users after they sign up to the main feed.
- Import all — Android users finally have the option to import all of the .txt text files from a Dropbox folder with one tap.
- Spreadsheet importer — PrayerMate community member Dean Montgomery has built a fantastic open-source tool to let you import a spreadsheet of prayer data and convert it into the correct format for importing in to PrayerMate. Great if you have, for example, a directory of church members.
- PrayerMate Send (missionary prayer feeds via email) — much more to come on this one, but PrayerMate Send is a new tool to let Christian workers turn their existing prayer emails into a secure PrayerMate feed. No more unread prayer emails piling up in overflowing inboxes. Church workers & missionaries can sign up to the beta via http://bit.ly/pmsendbeta. Massive props to our developer Ed who has been beavering away on this a day a week since the summer whilst managing to balance this with working for a church.
- PrayerMate Share (Shared lists / private groups) — again, much much more to come on this one, but this version includes an invite-only trial of the new shared list functionality to allow church small groups to support each other in prayer through the week. Sign up to the beta at http://bit.ly/pmsharebeta
We’re thrilled with the new features that are now here and coming soon. Some of these might feel overdue, but with just one full-time developer sometimes things do take a while! This release has been made possible by your donations, as well as the following generous supporting organisations: